Staff Spotlight: Dr. Allison Key
Each month we will feature a different staff member of 3:16 Healthcare with a chosen photo and a quick, personal interview! Get to know us here each month!
1. Who inspires you? My mother has always been a big inspiration to me. She is so self-less and has always put us (her kids) first. She is a hard worker, has a moral compass that never fails, gives good advice, but also knows when to just listen. She is the kind of person I aspire to be, and I can’t imagine where I would be or what I would do without her! Even as an adult, it 100% matters to me what she thinks and I would never want to disappoint her!
2. Best concert or favorite music? I have a wide range of music interests and have always been super thankful for variety in music and for the talent God gives people. My life definitely has a broad based sound track! I have seen the Rolling Stones a couple of times; Mick Jagger is unbelievable! I LOVE George Strait and have seen him several times and even shook his hand (twice; my Mama jumped on this big man’s back to shake George’s hand…it was hilarious and she will be mortified that I told this story in “public”.) We saw Chris Stapleton at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville right after his first album released and before he got so big. We went down to the stage, and it was honestly the best concert I have probably ever been to because of just the pure talent on that stage. Justin Timberlake was a close second on the best, though. He waved at my husband who was squealing like a girl! I was also trained to play classical piano, so I have seen some concerts most people would say were boring that I thought were amazing.
3. Where is your favorite place in the world? Home on the farm has to be my most favorite place! Home is just a safe place where you can be yourself and get in your stretchy pants and relax. I also love to be on the lake. I guess Wedowee would be considered my second home. (I do LOVE to travel; I work to travel really, but I am always glad to come back home! )
4. What is the best book you have ever read? Hmmm, this is a hard one! I love to read, always have, so this is a tough question. My mother-in-law keeps me in great books, all varieties, and I have loved a lot of them for various reasons. I have a hard time letting go of the characters! One of my all time favorites though is probably “To Kill A Mockingbird”–just timeless.
5. What is your favorite part of working at 3:16 Healthcare? I have lots of favorites here too! I love the relationships most of all, both with and among our staff and with our patients. It feels like you are going to work with your friends and taking care of your family everyday. I love that we have the freedom to be creative and really be at both the heart of medicine and the leading edge of medicine. We are a Christian based practice, but we love people of all walks of life, and I love that people of all religions, sexualities, backgrounds, and careers can come to us for support and help and can feel comfortable doing so.
Pool and beach time are super fun! But did you know that drowning is the #1 cause of accidental death in children ages 1-4? And 88% of drownings occur with at least one adult present! Put your phones down, people, because this is important stuff! Drowning is preventable! You can learn more at www.stopdrowningnow.org.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month! Keep you and your loved ones safe, and recognize the signs of a potential melanoma or skin cancer: A: asymmetry B: border irregularity C: color is uneven or changing D: diameter greater than 6mm (about the size of a pencil eraser) E: evolving size, shape, or color Learn more by visiting www.aad.org!